Why Self storage?
The Self Storage Industry has been the fastest growing segment of the commercial real estate industry over the last 40 years and has been considered by Wall Street Analysts to be “Recession Resistant” based on its performance since the economic recession of September, 2008.
When The Market Goes Down, Storage Goes UP
- There are over 54,000 SS facilities in the USA.
- The average (mean) size of a “primary” self storage facility in the USA is approximately 56,900 Square Feet.
- Approximately $2.8 billion acquisition volume in 2015.
- Americans store 2.3 billion square feet of stuff, which is more than 78 square miles–three times the size of Manhattan
- Only 41 properties were constructed in 2015 out of the 159 announced. The limited new development in key markets presented little impact in those markets.